Last modified: November 5, 2020
Effective: November 10, 2020
Introduction and Purpose
Thank you for using the Leap Communications Platform (“Leap“)! As we continue to grow and our employees are more spread out, the need for a single communication platform has become more apparent. In order to deliver heroic service, our employees need one place to go to find information, links to other software systems and more. Leap is an all-in-one platform for employee communication, engagement & teamwork, which is designed to keep people connected in industries like ours where non-desk workers are the majority. Leap creates an online space, whether via your web browser or a mobile app, to communicate and collaborate in a unified digital workplace.
Leap will be available both as a website (that you will see on your PC) and as a mobile app for Android and iPhones (that will allow access to the site from anywhere) allowing us to connect with ALL of our employees.
What Information is collected:
We may collect a variety of information from or about you or your devices including:
- Account Information, Registration and Profile Information you provide to us. When you register or sign up for an account, we ask you for your first and last name, email address, work phone numbers, your Company location, your assigned department. A photo of you may also be uploaded and linked to your profile.
- Information we Collect Incidentally when you use Leap.
- Device Information. We receive information about the specific (and type of) device (or devices) that you use to access Leap. Your device may also transmit location information. We use device information to detect abuse and to identify and troubleshoot bugs.
- Other Information. We receive information such as your IP address, operating system version, browser version, and Leap version.
- Information we collect through your use of Leap.
- Usage Information. To help us understand how you use Leap and to help us improve its relevance and functionality, we automatically receive information about your interactions with, and use of, Leap. Some examples include activities you are part of, your comments, any content you post or upload, any pages, files or content that you view, and the dates, times and duration of your visits to Leap.
- Information and Files that are Stored or Uploaded on Leap. This may also include things like the size of the file, the date and time it was uploaded, the names of any collaborators, and the usage activity applicable to the stored information/files.
- Records and copies of your correspondence within Leap (including email addresses and phone numbers).
- Instant messages and other communication messages or features that you access and/or use in Leap.
- Details of (i) transactions or activities you carry out through your use of Leap; and (ii) information and documents that you access in Leap.
- Your search queries in Leap.
- Your response, if applicable, to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Information from Cookies and Similar Technologies. The technologies we use for automatic information collection may include:
- Cookies (or mobile cookies). A cookie is a small file placed on your smartphone. It may be possible to refuse to accept mobile cookies by activating the appropriate setting on your smartphone. However, if you select this setting you may be unable to access certain parts of Leap.
- Web Beacons. Pages of Leap may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages and for other related app statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain app content and verifying system and server integrity).
- Customer information uploaded or otherwise added or identified while using Leap.
- Any other information that you post, upload or otherwise communicate or disclose while using Leap.
How is Information is used:
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, or that you upload as follows:
- To provide, maintain, improve and enhance the relevance and functionality of Leap for all Leap users at the Company.
- To improve efficiencies and collaboration, internal communication, strengthen culture, and create a cohesive community through the sharing of information and resources, success stories, and Company initiatives.
- To understand and analyze how you use Leap and to enhance and develop additional and new services and/or features of Leap.
- To run internal reports applicable to specified periods of time which, among other things, may include a list of active users of the network; active teams of the network; user activities; top users; top content; number of page views on Company and/or team pages; number of views on dashboard; questions and answers; team usage and usage trends; hashtag usage; recognitions; media uploads; story collection; feedback; and keywords searched by users.
- To communicate with you and to provide you with updates and other information related to Leap.
- To find and prevent fraud and abuse and to respond to trust and safety issues that may arise.
- For compliance purposes and as required by applicable law.
This Policy DOES NOT apply to information that we collect offline or on any other Company apps or websites, including websites you may access through Leap.
Our websites and apps may have their own privacy policies, which we encourage you to read before providing information on or through them.
Please read this policy carefully to understand our policies and practices regarding your information and how we will treat it. If you do not agree with our policies and practices, do not download, register with, or use Leap. By downloading, registering with, or using Leap, you agree to this Policy. This Policy may change from time to time. Your continued use of Leap after we revise this Policy means you accept those changes, so please check the policy periodically for updates.
Accessing and Correcting Your Personal Information
You can review and change your personal information by logging into Leap and visiting your account profile page. You may also send us an email to the Help Desk (HelpDesk@ramtool.com) to request access to, correct, or delete any personal information that you have provided to us.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. The safety and security of your information also depends on you. The Ram Tool account you use to access Leap and other Ram Tool resources is for your exclusive use. Sharing your password with other parties, including other Ram Tool employees, is strictly prohibited, is a violation of company policy and may be in violation of applicable laws. Likewise, any information and/or documents found on Leap is considered confidential and shall only be shared with authorized employees of the Company.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet and mobile platforms is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted through Leap. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures we provide.
To ask questions or comment about this Policy, contact the legal department at email@example.com.